Our social responsibility actions, policies and strategies are based on a belief that ‘we are what we do’.
Our aims fall across four key areas: the environment, sustainability, ethical purchasing and social engagement.
We work to minimise impact of our activities on the environment by doing the following:
- Buying and using hydro-generated electricity
- Making efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy
- Minimising waste; recycling and reusing wherever possible
- Operating a sustainable purchasing policy – giving preference to environmentally friendly suppliers and products
We are committed to reducing our carbon emissions and have a group-wide target to reduce our carbon emissions as part of our core business performance. Initiatives include:
- Contributing and supporting PURE, the clean planet trust, which helps to finance new projects in the developing world
- Recycling waster
- Paying to offset our carbon emissions as a result of business travel by car or plane
- Reducing energy by using energy-saving lighting and appliances
- Using energy-saving technology
- Using FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) accredited marketing materials
- Supporting local charities and projects
We give preference to venues, hotels, suppliers and services who share our views on responsible business practice. These include:
- Commitment to high quality standards
- Best value for money
- Minimising impact on local, national and global environment
- Use of local, free range and fair trade products
Teamscapes Learning has been Investors in People accredited since 1999. Investors in People is the UK’s leading people-management standard which supports transforming business performance through people.
We were highly commended in the 2014 Midlands Family Business Awards for our commitment to providing first class service to our customers as a family-run business. Sundial Teamscapes is Living Wage accredited.
We make various donations to charities throughout the year, worth approximately £3k per annum. We also support the meetings industry charity, Meeting Industry Meeting Needs, of which our Managing Director, Tim Chudley is a trustee.
We are also headline sponsors of the industry charity MIMN (Meeting Industry Meeting Needs) which raises funds for worthy causes relevant to the events industry, for those who may not have resources to raise funds themselves without additional contributions.
When finding venues for our charity customers, we work hard to negotiate specific charity rates to help save on costs so that maximum funds can be put into their projects and campaigns.