Open Programme: ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership
Do you want to build better leaders and develop the skills, knowledge and personal abilities they need to succeed? Teamscapes® Learning is pleased to bring you an exciting open programme in partnership with performance consultants, Wingman Ltd.
Our ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership is a fast-paced 2.5 day residential programme, which uses practical leadership activities to develop the underpinning knowledge into skills and behaviours that are required by front line leaders at work.
Who is this Programme for?
This qualification is suitable for everyone, of all learning abilities including:
- Hands on team leaders
- New and aspiring managers
- Individuals wishing to improve their leadership
By the end of the programme delegates will have gained experience and understanding of:
- Own and others leadership styles & qualities
- Situational/Transactional/Transformational leadership theories in action
- Planning to lead then briefing a team effectively
- Undertaking risk assessment of own leadership task
- Leading a practical task in a changing environment under time pressure
- Debriefing performance by giving and receiving feedback to maximise improvement
- Reflecting upon personal performances
- Creating a personal leadership development plan
- Acting as team member led by others (observation and giving feedback)
Participants will receive the Level 4 Leadership Award qualification at the end of the course, with no extra external work required afterwards.
During the programme, delegates will:
- Learn and practice theory and techniques using Teamscapes Learning activities
- Practice and develop their own personal leadership style
- Have the opportunity to lead other participants as well as observe and review the performance of other leaders
- Gain the confidence to give and receive feedback
- Achieve the qualification by demonstrating a clear understanding of different leadership styles, self-awareness of their own leadership strengths and weaknesses and having meaningful conversations with others – all of this will be captured through both personal written reflection and video.
- Delegates should complete all assessment material on site during the 2.5 days with no further input required from participants after the programme ends.
What You Can Expect
- 2.5-day residential programme:
- Day 1 – 2.00pm Registration, followed by introductions and icebreakers, course overview and initial leadership theory, individual leadership dashboards, Tutor 1:1s
- Day 2: Learn & practice theory and techniques using experiential activities, planning & application of theories for Day 3 activities
- Day 3 – 4.30pm finish: Practical leadership activities – delegates will brief & lead their assigned activities, reviewing & reflecting on their leadership performance and giving and receiving feedback, submission of assessment packs
- Assessment & impact learning via powerful facilitated reviews leading to final reflections and actions to support the experience
- Facilitators review performance throughout the 2.5 days to enrich learning and capture evidence for assessment purposes
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast at our award-winning hotel, Highgate House in Northamptonshire
- Unlimited refreshments throughout the programme
- An extensive four-course hot and cold buffet lunch
- Delicious four-course table d’hôte evening meals
- Use of leisure facilities, including a swimming pool and gym